An experienced Strategic Consultant, Digital Strategy Specialist and Applications Practice Manager, with a successful track record in delivering application strategy, business value consultancy, business cases, managing development teams and facilitating innovation. Engaged across a wide range of sectors and technologies, predominately focussed on the Microsoft application platform.
Successful in influencing and shaping the IT strategies of clients and engaging and directly influencing at senior levels (up to and including board level). Coupling strong technological awareness with deep business understanding and clear thinking to understand clients' challenges, articulate potential solutions and influence strategic direction.
Experienced in a range of verticals with strong references in the Public Sector, Legal, Media & Telco and Finance, specialising in:
- Application Strategy
- Application Architecture
- Business-Technology Integration
- Microsoft Information Worker platforms
- Web2.0, Enterprise2.0 and Social Computing
- Bid management, governance and all aspects of pre-sales
- Managing small and medium sized consulting and delivery teams.
Most recent significant consulting engagements, include:
- Delivered a strategic applications framework for a major insurance group
- Facilitated envisioning and requirements capture for an EDRMS solution for a local authority
- Provided strategic guidance and thought leadership for a Skills Sector Council
- Delivered SharePoint governance consultancy to a number of media organisations
- Provision of ongoing strategic technology guidance for a major sporting organisation
- Created an applications strategy and business case for a million pound strategic platform transformation for a regional Police Force
- Delivered a strategic applications framework for a Building Society
- Developed a business case for a million pound strategic eEnablement platform for a public sector body.
CURRENT CONSULTING AREAS
- Application Strategy and Architecture
- Business Value Planning Services (BVPS)
- SharePoint Adoption & Governance
- Microsoft Business Value Framework (BVF)
- Business Case / Value Development
- Facilitating IT related Organisational Change
- Emerging Technology Adoption Strategy
- Client Envisioning & Roadmap Development
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 / Foundation
- Microsoft SharePoint 2007 / WSS v3
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009, 2006, 2004
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM v4, v3
- Microsoft Online Services
Very familiar with scope, capability and methodologies around development languages such as .NET, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET and the Windows Azure platform.
Presented at a number of external events including:
- SharePoint 2010 Event (London & Coventry)
- “SharePoint 2010 The Business Value Platform”
- Legal Insight (London)
- “Can all this Twittering make us more profitable?”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Internal Event
- “Web2.0 How Hard Can it Be?”
- Legal Insight (Birmingham)
- “Web 2.0 and Social Networking in Legal”
- Seminar for the Greater Manchester IT Managers Group (GMITM)
- “Overview - Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007”
- Insight for Central Government Breakfast Seminar at the IOD, London
- “Benefits of integrating a CRM system with MOSS 2007”
TRINITY EXPERT SYSTEMS LTD
MANAGING CONSULTANT (STRATEGIC CONSULTING)
2007 – PRESENT
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Services Group and working as part of the senior management team in Trinity's Enterprise Services Group.
Delivering strategic consultancy, primarily around the Microsoft solution stack, to influence and shape the IT and application strategies of Trinity's clients.
Engaging and directly influencing clients at senior levels (up to and including board level). Coupling strong technological awareness with deep business understanding and clear thinking to understand our clients' challenges, articulate potential solutions and influence strategic direction.
Focusing on the delivery of:
- Strategic Consulting Services
- Deliver of Microsoft Business Value Planning Services (BVPS)
- Delivery of business value consultancy based upon the Microsoft Information Worker platforms
- Delivery of Microsoft Public Sector Business Value Framework (BVF) services
- Ongoing Trinity Bid Management and Process Development.
- Develop long term client relationships and become their “trusted advisor”
- Provide high-value consultancy services to clients around the business and strategic benefits of the Microsoft platform
- Provide technical assurance and leadership to project teams
- Deliver pre-sales collateral and responses
- Evangelise the Microsoft applications platform
- Proactively improve the Microsoft relationship with Trinity.
Previous positions held at Trinity:
- Deputy Head of Strategic Consultancy Group
- Strategic Consultant
2005 –2007 Serco Group Plc
Head of Microsoft Applications Practice
2004 – 2005 ITNET Ltd (Acquired by Serco Group Plc
Head of e-Business Practice
1999 – 2004 ITNET Ltd
Development and Support Team Manager / Applications Consultant
1998 – 1999 The Law Society (TUPE to ITNET Ltd)
Senior Analyst Programmer
1997 – 1998 PPP Lifetime Care Ltd
1995 – 1997 Homebase Ltd (Head Office)
Visual Basic Programmer
1993 – 1994 Barclaycard Plc
Degree Student Placement – Trainee Cobol Programmer
BSc (Hon) Applied Software Engineering (2:2) - University of Central England (1991 – 1995)
Accredited in the delivery of Microsoft Business Value Planning Services (BVPS) – 2010
Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) Course – 2005
Full SC Clearance (Valid until Sept 2013).
Full valid UK driving licence.
Very keen and successful sailor with over 25 years experience competing at both national and international level.
LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/antonyclay
References available on request.